9AM
10-11AM Open Gym

On-Ramp

7PM Mon, Wed, & Fri

New On-Ramp session starts 1st/3rd Monday of every month

Or by Appt.

Free Class!

Change your Life! 

Get started today! Complete the form in the above link to schedule your FREE Intro Session and learn the true definition of FITNESS!

Call Us Now

904-237-0896

BFCF Blog > Rx/Competition Training

Coming soon, we will begin holding a session for Rx/Competition training. The plan for now is to be Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm. If attendance will support it, we will gradually make additional classes. If you regularly Rx our WODs and care to try to "up the stakes", this class is for you. There will be a change in programming, heavier weights, and more difficult skills. As was the previous "Rx" class, this class will be much less "instruction" and much more "WODing".

We are coming into the Open season, and focus on our objectives is quickly approaching. Programming will focus on strength for a while, transition into technique, and eventually become more conditioning-based. All of this will be completed from now to the end of February, so buckle up! We got work to do.

For those who have the desire to compete, but cannot Rx on a regular basis, please don't fret. You can set your goals to reach the ability to join this class. Come to "Open Gym". Practice your movements, set realistic goals, and work them consistently. One or two days at open gym does NOT make you consistent. One or two MONTHS will make you better. Try an additional 5 lbs in the WOD. Check the clock before a run, and set a time to beat. These things will help you improve.

October 7, 2013 | Registered CommenterMarc Hoffmann

What if we are unable to participate in the 1930 class but still wish to perform at this level?

October 7, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterAnderson

How soon?

October 10, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterGrace

Let's GET SOME!!!!!

October 10, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRiban

The only open gym I can make is Saturday, since the others are while I'm at work in the morning Any way to have open gym other times? I would like to work on improving technique..and rx'ing quite a bit more.

October 10, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterNicki

@Grace - Probably in next 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned.

@Anderson - I'm sure we can figure out some way to let you know what we are doing.

@Nicki - Currently, no one is really taking advantage of the Open Gyms that are on schedule. I can't cancel classes to make room. I understand your issue, but see above for "upping the stakes" during your regular wods.

October 10, 2013 | Registered CommenterMarc Hoffmann

Thanks Marc..I was going to do that also, in conjunction with the other...maybe eventually there will be others who would want to take advantage of a later open gym time. Until then I'll do what u suggest during the WOD.

October 10, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterNicki