9AM
10-11AM Open Gym

On-Ramp

7PM Mon, Wed, & Fri

New On-Ramp session starts 1st/3rd Monday of every month

Or by Appt.

Free Class!

Change your Life! 

Get started today! Complete the form in the above link to schedule your FREE Intro Session and learn the true definition of FITNESS!

Call Us Now

904-237-0896

BFCF Blog > CrossFit and Me!!!

TO MY BLACKFIN FAMILY:

I would first like to say THANK YOU to every single on of you for all of the concern and prayers that have been sent my way. Secondly, I would like to explain what happened to me and free up any questions. I have had a tight back for a couple of weeks but nothing to serious. I was getting dressed in my closet Sunday morning and was babying my back a little while putting on my shorts. The tension in my back gave free and sent a sharp pain down my left leg. I could not move and had to have Orange Park Fire Rescue take me to the ER. After getting X-Rays, I was told to follow with with my primary care. I have had Sciatica symptoms for about 4 years now. Once I spoke to Captain Navarro, we have narrowed it down to a severely pinched S1 nerve. I still do not have any feeling in my left leg and will be seeing a Neurosurgeon this week. I will most likely be looking at microdiscectomy surgery. DON'T WORRY once I get cleared by the doctors, I will be back in full effect at the box. This injury WAS NOT A CROSSFIT injury. This has been haunting me for several years, and I have been masking it with epidural injections. Since I have found CrossFit, I have been in the best shape of my life and feel better about myself; not only in a physical fashion, but a mental one as well. Crossfit, by far, is the best physical training program that I have ever done; and that is coming from a UNITED STATES ARMY DRILL SERGEANT!!!!! Everybody keep up the good work, and I will keep you all informed of my progress.

Riban

October 16, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterRiban

Great post Riban!! So glad to hear that you are staying positive and already thinking about your return! Get well soon! (Don't worry, we will save your favorite spot for lifting!)

October 17, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterKara